- Fill out the attached Google Form completely and Submit. Project Submissions are due Aug 31, 2018.
- Email email@example.com> or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The United Way of North Central Iowa’s 2017 Day of Caring in will be September 25, 2018. On behalf of the United Way, I invite you to join us this year as companies team up to meet the needs of human service agencies in North Central Iowa. You will be making a real difference in the lives of people in our community!
Teams of volunteers will travel to United Way Partner Agencies to help with a variety of projects. The projects submitted for this year include:
- The Learning Center is in need of maintenance and repair projects including some painting. TLC is asking for 4 volunteers from 9-Noon the location is in Charles City.
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is in need of indoor painting. Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is asking for 12 volunteers from 9-Noon the location would be in Clear Lake.
- Northern Lights Alliance for the Homeless is in need of window cleaning of the shelter. They are requesting equipment be brought to this project. Northern Lights is asking for 6 volunteers from 9-10am the location is in Mason City.
- NIVC is requesting an Afternoon Game Day with 15 adults with disabilities to socialize and play games. NIVC is asking for 5 volunteers from 1:30-4 the location would be in Mason City.
- One Vision is requesting help with the greenhouse area and will include set up of the planting and other greenhouse needs. One Vision is asking for 6 volunteers from 9-3 the location is in Clear Lake.
- One Vision is in need of help at the General Store. Scraping lettering off the outside of the building. One Vision is asking for 4 volunteers from 9-3 the location would be in Clear Lake.
- Habitat for Humanity of North Iowa looking to spruce up the facility and some winterization projects. Habitat for Humanity is asking for 10 volunteers from 9-Noon the location would be in Mason City.
Day of Caring offers your employees:
- Hands-on experience helping people who need help
- day to demonstrate their support of volunteerism
- An opportunity to have fun with their fellow employees outside the workplace
Day of Caring allows your company to:
- active in helping our community
- team building among your employees
- Energize your internal support of the United Way of North Central Iowa
How can your company help?
- allowing employees to be a part of a team
- $250-500 - Sponsorship of the event – name on t-shirt and recognized via any media awareness posts/interviews
Day of Caring is a remarkable event that mobilizes people to help those in need. I encourage you as an active member of the community to demonstrate your support and commitment to the United Way and the human service agencies of our area by participating in this event. To sign up or for more information please contact me.